Banbury Star Cyclists’ Club to become part of British Cycling’s HSBC Go-Ride Scheme
Aimed at children between the ages of 7 to 16, who want to ride and learn the skills of cycling in a safe environment
If your child has a bike and most do, you’ll want them to enjoy the freedom it gives and help keep them fit and healthy. However, you’ll also want them to do this in a safe environment, get some basic training and have plenty of fun. Perhaps even some competition on two wheels!
With most of the Great Britain Cycling Team starting out in Go-Ride Clubs, they are clearly a great place to start for aspiring champions and Banbury’s Rising Stars. Go Ride offers the following:
- Weekly term-time sessions held at a safe off-road venue with parking and toilets.
- Run by club members with coaching and first aid qualifications; all DBS-checked.
- Training and a variety of competitions for all age groups and abilities, e.g. short circuit races on tarmac and grass, cyclo-cross, mountain biking and maybe even a hill climb
- Any type of bike will be welcome
- Club membership not required – £2 per session
- Family-friendly – we welcome any help
- The formation of a “Rising Stars” section of the club
We anticipate a lot of interest in the Go-Ride programme, which may mean initial numbers have to be limited. So if this is something you think your child would like to be part of then please register your interest now with the club at email@example.com. Further details can be found on the Go Ride link at the club’s website banburystar.co.uk
Go Ride Venue; Banbury Rugby Club, Bodicote Park, Oxford Road, Bodicote, Banbury, OX15 4AF